CTP 7.69% 4.8¢ central petroleum limited

Trading Halt, page-43

1. 303 Posts.
    It isn't asset acquisition, "Santos, is offloading the Mereenie Gas Field in central Australia thought to be worth about $100 million and is set to sell other assets in the Browse Basin" Santos 100 million sale

If it is rumoured that the CR is to be the dog, Dingo, this organisation needs management change now. Carmichael needs to be investigated IMHO to see if they were implicit in any manipulation aimed to drive down price for the sole purpose to gain profit by way of the CR undertakings. I was under the impression that no share manipulation was to be applied

Provisions prohibit a person from engaging in a transaction that has or is likely to have the effect of creating an artificial price for trading in a financial product or maintaining at an artificial level the trading price in a financial product.

If a share price which does not reflect the forces of genuine supply and demand breached the relevant market manipulation provision (s1041A of the Corporations Act), meaning that the forces of ‘genuine supply and demand’ be those forces which are created in a market by buyers whose purpose is to acquire at the lowest available price and sellers whose purpose is to sell at the highest realisable price.

A recent Court decision stated that it was not necessary for ASIC to demonstrate, whether by some counterfactual analysis or otherwise, that the impugned transactions did create or maintain an artificial price. It is sufficient to show that the buyer or seller set the price with the sole or dominant purpose described.

It is my person al belief ASIC, in order to make out an offence may be able to establish that:
    • The price at which the transaction occurred was outside a notional “genuine” price in the market in order to determine whether an “artificial price” was created or maintained by the transaction; or
    • The transaction actually affected the behaviour of genuine buyers and sellers
    I am sick of being implicated with wrongful decisions, failure to meet published milestones, lack of communication, change of directions made on a diameter of a dime and of course the blatant manipulation that has plagued this organisation for the last 18 months under this management, in this case your friendly investment entity, we all know who it is, don't we?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.