TON 22.2% 1.1¢ triton minerals ltd

trading halt, page-110

1. PD1
    2,384 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 132
    Purely speculation on my behalf here but would a Graphite company not be speaking to Musk/Tesla, but maybe infact to Japanese firms who may supply Panasonic the Graphite anodes to build the their cells and batteries for Tesla?
    These Japanese firms such as Hitachi who I believe currently supply Panasonic the anodes, get their Graphite out of China's supposed dwindling environmentally damaging low grade Graphite provinces, where acid leaching is required. I'm sure the Japanese would shop elsewhere should a suitable supply come online.
    I'm not stating Ton will be part of this supply shift directly, but more that any further take up of current/new supply would be beneficial for those companies able to compete who are coming online over the next few years.
    I think Tesla will get the reduction in battery costs from the economics of scale and the logistics of production under one roof, and this is where the additional Graphite demand should come from increased production as well as the supply shift away from China.
    I've done some of my own research into Tesla's current batteries and think I've worked out the Graphite raw material cost to be less than 10% of the entire battery build cost. Interestingly enough I have found possible reference within the Graphite board that Natural Graphite that has been coated/treated/processed could already be in use under the Synthetic guise.

Atb

Pauldola.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TON (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.1¢
Change
0.002(22.2%)
Mkt cap ! $17.25M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.9¢ 1.1¢ 0.9¢ $5.503K 537.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 171722 1.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.2¢ 491367 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.26pm 15/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TON (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.