EVN 1.78% $4.57 evolution mining limited

Only some general views on bookbuilds @wombat53 . The insto's...

1. 2,815 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 620
    Only some general views on bookbuilds @wombat53 .

The insto's know how to take care of themselves, so I would expect a premium being paid in the Insto Bookbuild. Sadly, that doesn't always flow through to getting a premium in the Retail Bookbuild. It all depends on whether the Inso's quench their thirst or not during the Insto Bookbuild. I've seen cases where they pay a premium in the Insto Bookbuild, but not in the Retail Bookbuild. They then drive the SP down by tree shaking and as the leaves fall they get to feast on the loose hands before they allow the price to head north again. The lastest example was in SYR last year. The rights price was $3.50 and the insto's paid a premium in the Insto Bookbuild, but not in the Retail Bookbuild. They then drove the SP down to $2.40 odd before letting it head north, ultimately hitting $6. Since then they have driven the price back down.

Oh, the fun and games of the stock market.

I think my strategy will be to wait and see what the big boys do after the Bookbuilds are completed. If they drive the SP down then I will buy back into EVN. If not, then I wish all holders good luck as there are plenty more fish in the ocean, as the saying goes, or something like that for me personally.

Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EVN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.