GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

Trading halt?, page-74

1. 1,202 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 40
    On August 7, Reuters wrote, "Lithium processors prepare to meet demand in era of electric car. Demand for battery-grade lithium compounds is expected to skyrocket in the next decades in tandem with soaring demand for electric cars. Battery makers and other end-users such as car manufacturers will need to sign multi-year deals that encourage large producers to invest more, and faster, industry sources say.

It's time for the battery makers and car manufactures to step up, waiting is benefitting no one.  These are the lists of up and coming projects, and just look at SDV waiting for its financing, while its cousins ie Olaroz, Olaroz-Cauchari, are producing and being developed as we speak. I think if anything, that SDV will command a JV similar to Orocobre, ie ~70/30, we do have better brine economics, but delivering on those economics seems to be the challenge that the industry is currently facing. The reality is that developing a brine project is technically complicated, and if I'm an automaker putting $$$ into a project, I want assurances that timelines will be met. Therefore, what they will also be paying for is making sure that proper technical team (ie. Mehta and ex-FMC, SQM) are on leading the development on the project. This is what the real kicker is, because most of these new brine, and spodumene projects (the micro breweries) lack the technical expertise to deliver quality and quantity of production that the market needs. SDV should command premiums because they have assembled the technical team with quality brine economics.

And so far, all lithium projects have not come produced according to a timeline, especially new brine projects (ie Orocobre). In some sense these initial production figures are misleading at best. And there will be a greater supply crunch.

37628986-15039263301374695.png

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4102339-lithium-miners-news-month-august-2017
    Matt Bohlsen, analysis.

Tons of posts to respond to @Thesi @airconditioner @M92, don't worry, I've read them, but before I dig into development, I want to look into how long SQM and ALB took in developing their own brine assets, before we can assess how these SQM can "fast track" and provide it's "expertise" with LAC (and supplying 25KT) and also it's expertise in hardrock assets. Because they, "SQM" sure have taken 50/50 JVs on really favourable pricing terms.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.