MBP 3.23% 3.0¢ metabolic pharmaceuticals limited

trading halt, page-30

1. 2,257 Posts.
    Poor, poor Astera,
    The Kellogs Crunchy Nut obviously got sick and tired of being proven wrong over here, and now it's been shellacked something fierce over at S/Scene. Don't miss Catalyst on ABC Thursday night. Metabolics own Dr Roland Scollay will be featured, as confirmed via ABC email posted herewith. Refer S/Scene excerpts from thread for further info, as well as some misguided and uninformed crap from the horses hoof itself - Astera.
    As follows:

Enable Email Notifications |Add to Favorite Topics | Email this topic | Print or Download this topic
    magnesium
    Posted Monday 19/02/07 07:17pm

( 34 posts)

In reply to: dmurphydrtc on Monday 19/02/07 06:54pm

Astera go back to Hotcopper.....

Again..no majors ever sold down and only 10% chance the result was not replicable.

from recent wiehgt loss pill pharma deals.....see below

In the most recent deal in the anti-obesity market, the drug developer fetched an upfront $US346 million and experts believe that Metabolic could earn up to $250 million plus royalties of 10-12.5 per cent.

dmurphydrtc
    Posted Monday 19/02/07 06:54pm

( 9 posts)

In reply to: Sav on Monday 19/02/07 06:51pm

I did ask - and got this reply....Still dont mean we have it in the bag. It would be nice though !!

from Catalyst hide details 17:43 (2 hours ago)
    reply-to [email protected]
    to david murphy
    date 19-Feb-2007 17:43
    subject Re: Thursday - 22nd February
    mailed-by your.abc.net.au
    Dear David

Yes we will be. The representative's name is Dr. Roland Scollay.
    I hope you enjoy the program.

Ngaire McNamara
    Program Assistant
    Catalyst
    Australian Broadcasting Corporation
    - Hide quoted text -

david murphy wrote:
    > To whom it may concern,
    >
    > Will you be featuring or have a representative from METABOLIC
    > PHARMACEUTICALS LIMITED on your show Thursday night?
    > --
    > Regards,
    >
    > Dave Murphy

Sav
    Posted Monday 19/02/07 06:51pm

( 63 posts)

I seconds that. Theres no mention of MBP so thats a pretty large assumption that catalyst are working with MBP. Unless someone has some back up info to prove it id just say it was co-incidence.

Anyways lets see what MBP brings us on Wednesday. Im hoping its good news - but the SP action of late surely hasnt been responsive to suggest anything. To me this indicates that the results might not be that spectacular. Theres been limited trading for the daytraders to do anything and I doubt over the last few days we could blame the SP's current level on the daytraders selling off. Might have caught them off guard no doubt but who knows whats in store.

Normally in the lead up to any good news on any stock there some positive SP movement.

But these are only my thoughts.

Astera
    Posted Monday 19/02/07 06:09pm

( 237 posts)

For those getting excited about Catalyst giving free promo to MBP's drug (and by inference suggesting positive results) nowhere in the program blurb does it mention MBP nor too do MBP promote their drug as an 'exercise pill' - 'weight loss pill', yes, but not an 'exercise pill'. I would suggest what Catalyst are promoting is the work by Melbourne researcher Prof. Bruce Kemp from CSIRO whose work is continually described by the media as an 'exercise pill'. Read this and decide for yourself http://www.abc.net.au/ra/innovations/stories/s1217473.htm

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MBP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.