UNI 0.41% $4.82 universal store holdings limited

trading halt

1. 5,592 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2775
    Scooter, the TGA, or Therapeutic Goods Administration, is the regulatory body which governs regulation of medical devices and pharmaceuticals in Australia. Simliar to the recent Canadian Government approval and pending FDA in the US. Granting of TGA approval allows UNI to manufacture and market/sell their products in Australia.The approval request was lodged last June and the audit competed in October. A successful application will be another significant step forward for UNI, specially if it comes with a distribution agreement with minimum purchases attached, as we saw with Canada, and as the compnay has stated as strategy.

As for other reasons for the trading halt, there are many. The FDA approval process is scheduled to commence 1Q 2007. Chinese approval via their partner KDL is also pending. As just mentioned, the company recently stated they were prioritising discussions with major global distibutors, all of which will come with minimum orders attached. Personally, I don't think that in itself is worthy of a trading halt, (Canadian Approval wasn't) so the pending announcement should be more significant.

As for you, raider, I can't help myself. I guess it's fair to say that none of us mind a bit of banter, but your constant unfounded negative carping became tedious a long time ago. Those who bought at the low of 17 cents last year saw a 100% gain earlier this year. For those of us who are in around 20 cents, and there are many, we're already enjoying 50% gains. Quite what you mean when you say you wouldn't touch UNI long term, I have no idea. Significant gains have already been made and the price is holding up well. As for your trading strategy, chasing this up on release of the trading halt on Friday is not a strategy. It's simply failing to put aside your many prejudices and recognising a company with, literally, all the potential in the world, and capitalising on that opportunity for your own personal gain.

And don't start on EMS either. I've already said I like the look of them, they are just further away from realizing their own potential with clinical trials of the malarial product yet to commence. As an aside, I once spent a year travelling throughout Africa, top to bottom, east to west, and suffered ongoing malaria that nearly killed me. I fully understand the potential of this product and am watching EMS progress closely.

I say good luck to all in UNI and EMS, including you.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add UNI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.82
Change
-0.020(0.41%)
Mkt cap ! $369.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.81 $4.89 $4.81 $56.99K 11.78K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 4977 $4.81

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.82 4958 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
UNI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.