UNI 0.87% $6.94 universal store holdings limited

trading halt, page-12

1. 5,639 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2841
    Rogerm, I don't know about compassion. We're all grown ups, and the market takes no prisoners. I've been done many times by self interested, incompetent management in other outfits. And I mean done completely. Planar Semiconductor being one that comes to mind. (Anybody know what happened to that?) And what about the poor people who bought Chemeq at $8.60 and held? That's experience for you.

As for UNI, it seems a long time ago I first bought at 80 cents. I sold half, incredibly, at close to the high at $1.81. That was simply good luck, taking some profits. At the time I thought UNi might go on to be another Cochlear, you know medical devices, disposable product, multi billion dollar markets, etc etc. I believed the hype. I sold my second half on the way down at $1.63. I have since spent the past two odd years watching and waiting to see if they are a recovery stock or doomed. For all the reasons I've outlined before, I believe they are a recovery stock. But I'm keeping a careful eye on how things are going.

I got in too early early last year and bought my second lot at between 20-21.5 cents, only to watch it drop to 17. They were nervous times. I didn't sell, nor did I top up. I sat and waited, fingers crossed, because there was a lot of negative sentiment about, and to be honest much of it seemed valid. I rang Unilife and spoke to both Jeff Carter and the Chief Executive. I found them both to be straightforward, generous with their time and extremely positive about UNI's prospects despite the bad press. I have since topped up, but am still keeping a careful eye on my investment.

If you bought at 1.76 and have held you've got little to lose by buying some more and averaging down. At least you give yourself a better chance of getting out even. That's not advice by the way. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Depends whether the company's on the way back up, or still failing. That's something you have to decide for yourself.

D Giff, you make a good point about TGA. If they have learned their lesson about announcements and trading halts, that's good enough news in itself, as it shows they are starting to play things straight down the line. Sleep, I have no idea what price a placement. Doubt it would have a 3 in it given the past few weeks trading range. More likely a discount to market, but who knows? Americans don't take prisoners either. Who does when money's involved? Good luck to all.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add UNI (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.