SPH 0.00% $3.10 sphere minerals limited

interestingly it seems QSC feels the economics are there ! I...

1. 33,863 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1824
    interestingly it seems QSC feels the economics are there ! I dont know who to believe
    This was released 2/11 by SPH on ASX
    "Sphere Investments Limited (Sphere) is pleased to announce that Qatar Steel Company (QSC) has
    confirmed its purchase of 15%, and that it has also received Board approval to acquire an additional
    34.9% interest, in the Guelb el Aouj Iron Ore Project (the “Project”) in Mauritania for a total
    consideration of US$375 million for 49.9% of the Project.
    The Project is owned equally by Sphere and the Mauritanian State-owned iron ore company, Société
    Nationale Industrielle et Minière (SNIM). Earlier this year, Sphere and SNIM had conditionally agreed
    to sell 49.9% of the Project to Qatar Steel (15.0%) and the Saudi Arabian company, SABIC (34.9%)
    for US$375 million, subject to their Board approvals by 31 October 2007.
    SABIC confirmed conditional acceptance of its share of the US$375 million offer within the agreed
    timeframe, but required additional guarantees for its investment to proceed. Notwithstanding the
    outcome of the above, SABIC has advised that it wishes to continue its support of the Project and the
    Partners with long-term offtake agreements."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SPH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.