TAW 0.00% 31.0¢ tawana resources nl

trading halt..., page-27

1. 3,648 Posts.
    I was disappointed with the 19/12 ann but noit because they didn't find more diamonds.

The earlier diamond find was not supposed to be part of the 500 tonne bulk sample - I quote "This sample was processed through the Dense Media Separation Plant (“DMS”) as part of a testing phase and final commissioning of the DMS and does not form part of the 500 tonne bulk sample designed to test the DAP palaeochannel for diamonds."

The ann on Friday says "22.2 tonnes of the planned 500 tonne bulk sample has been processed to date for the recovery of two diamonds. A 0.36 carat (“ct”) white diamond was recovered from the DAP Main Channel, as reported on 11th December, 2003. In addition a dodecahedral 0.07 ct white diamond was recovered from a 17.7 tonne sample of gravel...".

In other words, the 4.5 tonne test sample is now apparently part of the 500 tonne bulk sample. So which is it? Also, they were supposed to have 200 tonne processed by Christmas, "It is expected that 200 tonnes of gravel will be processed before Christmas with the remaining 300 tonnes by late February 2004", but in fact they have only done 17.7 tonnes (22.2 if you include the "sample") - somewhat misleading?

Is it just me or are the ann's inconsistent?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TAW (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.