LYC 4.14% $7.04 lynas rare earths limited

Trading in LYC, page-33

1. 7,594 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 508
    First I never said Amanda Lied or her number was wrong. If you go back and look at my posts I said she does not use the legal definition. The “ Reconciliation of cash” on page 4 gives the actual free cash available to the company. It also gives restricted cash that may be available.
    For proff see post 20045519 Which says She did not lie just a new definition so she could say positive.
    I even told you how to get Amanda’s number Post 20065730 You can create Amandas Number she does not lie All you have to do is find CAPEX incase you do not know that Capital expenses 9 mony spent buying new capital equipmet, upgrading and sometimes repairing old repairing is a gray area.
    What is important is money in ythe bank that can be used to pay employees and bills The Ativities report shows this unchanged The Cash flow report shows this going down $30,000 Your number is not Amanda’s no matter how close it looks to you. Your continuing to say cash flow was positive shows just how easily these definition mislead some people.
    The Bank Accounts went down and that is cash flow.
    If you think That “Total operating and investing cash flows (brought forward)” says the same thing as (revenue less operating costs and CAPEX) I would really like to hear how. Will give you another hint your line 1.13 is missing “Line 1.17 Repayment of borrowings (refer to item 3.1” and “Line 1.19 Other: a. Interest & other costs of finance paid b. Interest & other items of a similar nature received” This are NOT the SAME as Operating cost and capex. Just because it happens to be close does not make it right no matter how many examples you give of where it is close. Put these in and you end up with numbers in section 5.X then you can subtract out Admin and Cap ex and hit Amanda’s number right on.

I already have told you how you can calculate Amanda’s number and it is correct. I will admit that I was testing you the data is not in Q report. It is in annual report. So you can only verify her number in Q2 Semi annual report and Q4 in annual. I never said her math was wrong I only said her definition was very misleading and you have nothing to show it is not. Even activities report shows no change Go to March activities report PG7 Free cash 10.4. in June PG11 10.4. NO CHANGE I prefer Cash report because you have both previous and current Q side beside and much less rounding.

You were clearly mislead about the change in Free cash by Amanda’s non standard but very correct definition. If you were so easily mislead by this what chance do you think of your $3M to $8 M number has of being close. Your number are crazy. No way would I even put out a guess where the high number was 2.66 times the low. I would feel good at 25%. Please give post # where you showed how you calculated , I don’t believe you did show it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.04
Change
0.280(4.14%)
Mkt cap ! $6.580B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.66 $7.07 $6.66 $29.97M 4.291M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 35 $7.03

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.05 6000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.