HDR hardman resources limited

Hi JinetIf you want to sell at low brokerage fees and in a...

1. 213 Posts.
    Hi Jinet

If you want to sell at low brokerage fees and in a controlled manner, you need a UK internet broker.

If you can open a bank account in the UK the rest is easy.
    You can open an account with ETrade UK or some other UK broker once you have a UK bank account. Opening a UK bank account is the most difficult step.

Using Etrade UK (or some other UK broker) on the internet, you can watch the market, decide on a selling price, place an order, cancel an order etc. It will cost you about $20 in brokerage fees to execute any order and you put the money in your UK bank account. Transferring the cash to an Australian account will cost about $25 but again you can pick the timing tog get a favourable exchange rate.

Others may be able to advise you on opening a UK bank account. I got a friend to call in at a branch of the Clydesdale bank in London to get the forms. I chose Clydesdale because it is a member of the National Australia Bank Group (http://www.nabgroup.com/)and claims to be international. I have banked with the National for 40 years but they were no help. There may be better options. Banks in the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man are less restricted but seem to want large cash deposits. European banks would probably be suitable but have other complications.

My friend in the London sent the application forms to me in Australia. I filled in the application and provided a stamped certified copy of my passport as proof of identity and a stamped certified copy of a recent rates notice as proof of address. I requested telephone banking as a prerequisite to internet banking.

Finding a bank and all the snailmail correspondence took about 5 months. I can now sell Tullow at the drop of a hat. I can also trade on the UK stock market. All the worry has disappeared.

Best of luck.

Complex

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HDR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.