Trading Journal

1. 7,636 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 196
    Some of you may remember I posted on here a couple of years ago a spreadsheet that I was working on and was requesting help with finishing the the finer points at the time. Some of you downloaded it via email and may even be still using it.
    Well it has taken a long time and many changes, I have had to keep working my day job during this time, but I believe I have finally perfected it. I started trading for real in May with a $30, 000 trading account. It was not easy for me to find that sort of money to be able to risk and I had to save long and hard.
    I have mostly kept my trades to $800, that way I can make 25% before my brokerage costs double with Commsec.
    My stop losses are an arbitrary thing, as I monitor them closely and realize that trading a 0.01c stock with 10% stop is madness, as is trading a $10 stock with 10%.
    After two weeks of trading I am showing a healthy 4.2% profit. Not huge but it does seem to be growing. I have included a screenshot of results after the first two weeks of trading. The beauty of this setup is that if I have to go out, my stops are in place, and although not ideal, I can rest easy. If anyone is interested I can post full results at EOM.
    Cheers, Rick. Capture.JPG

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.