trading mistakes, page-50

1. 1,786 Posts.
    Thinking about Tinhopper's post from last night, and Dhuy's just now...

For newbies like me (ie 2 months in) I'm only just now getting a feel for the stocks in my watchlists and WHY other great traders are trading them.

The day you decide to start your trading career you think you have to buy.

But it's not until you've seen at least a couple of good and bad swings in both the stock and the overall market that you get a feel for why each stock does what it does and what really is a good entry price and how far it will trend.

It's hard getting a feel for others' posts on HC. Someone will say "SDL looking strong". Doesn't mean it's at a good price to buy!

But you can't sit on the sidelines, because you'll never learn the lessons if they don't burn a hole in your psyche like every loss of your own money does.

If it is a paper loss it doesn't sting, and you'd have forgotten about it 10 minutes later and just be patting yourself on the back with the next winner you find on paper.

There's also a whole different psychology that kicks in when you've got real money on the table, so paper winners will only ever be just that.

OK, maybe now I'm just rambling. But I find posting helps me wrap my head around my own style, and hopefully adds some help to others on here.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.