STX 0.00% 23.5¢ strike energy limited

Actually, he doesn't want them to leave the office at all......

1. 618
    3,519 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2509
    Actually, he doesn't want them to leave the office at all... even for lunch. Even though MinRes provides free freshly made lunches at its corporate head office, that's beside the point. When I first started out in the corporate world, I used to go for a short/medium walk depending on how busy I was even though I brought my lunch in on most days. It helps to break up the day and refresh/reset my mind. It definitely made me much more productive throughout the afternoon.

Also question his comments around people working 3 days and getting paid for 5 when they are working from home. Depending on the type of jobs one does, I'd argue it actually makes no difference at all where one actually works in some cases.

To be fair, it does sound like he tries to provide his employees with a lot of good perks such as subsidised discounted onsite childcare, gym, free lunch, etc. Would I work for him? Probably not

After watching the result presentation, he is definitely anxious even though he tried to come across as calm and relaxed. There was even a change of tone by admitting some mistakes in expanding pro-cycle instead of counter-cycle and being wrong in his worst-case scenario assumption for lithium spod price. That said, the mongrel in him still shines through when he said the US bondholders are so relaxed they talk about fishing when he meets them, while declining their offer to take on more debt because of the "nervous nellies" back in Australia.

Some time, when you screw up, it is much more palatable and acceptable to acknowledge it in a humble manner. They loaded up on billions of debt expanding at the top of the market while buying up minority (supposedly strategic) stakes in all these unrelated companies. I won't question his knowledge and judgement from a mining front but at least own his mistakes like an adult.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.