STX 0.00% 23.5¢ strike energy limited

Trading on Good News, page-33

1. 618
    3,519 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2509
    @f32sport

I have spoken/chatted with SN only on the odd occasions but I can say with a high degree of confidence that he is 100% invested in the company like a passion, and is always operating with the company and shareholders in his thoughts. As such, I do NOT see either him or the board giving in to any undervalue bid.

Look it's a free market, so there is nothing stopping anyone from buying on market up to 19.9% without making a bid. The only way any bid has the slightest chance to succeed would be to go hostile. Even then, I just don't see 30.2% of existing shareholders selling to any undervalued offer. So even if a predator can take advantage of the current shortselling mania and buy up a nice big chuck, it will get exponentially more difficult once they have to lodge a bid, and then be bound to that price (they aren't allow to purchase on market above their official bid price). If they choose to sit on the 19.9% as a strategic/blocking stake, then it's business as usual. While the stake effectively rule out any other SoA bid, it won't stop another potential interested party from going hostile and go after 50.1% of the remaining 80.1% is still out there.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.