STX 2.33% 22.0¢ strike energy limited

So from my reading, people basically wants the company to use...

1. 618
    3,489 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2441
    So from my reading, people basically wants the company to use precious company funds of 10mn say, to randomly "counterattack" against the tidal wave of shortselling in hope that it might create some doubts, so to ease some of the fear of the mom and dad investors who are shitting their pants because they are losing money? The market has been made up of fear and greed for centuries - dating back even before the infamous tulip bubble. So we want the company to act as a share price suspension but let me guess, only when it is oversold? So if the stock is overbought and trading at hypothetical $1.50 say, greed takes over but nobody would be demanding the company sell shares because it is so overvalued? Last time I checked, STX isn't the Feds who can simply print money and backstop the sharemarket if and when they wish to.

So if STX mgmt does execute a buyback and somewhere down the track, need to raise capital to fund the drilling of OH2 or pay for some of the development cost for peaker plant, I am guessing the very same people wanting the buyback would also be the first to moan about unexpected capital raising blah blah blah.

Sorry, but have to agree to disagree. I'd be gobsmacked if SN and board is stupid enough to even consider this idea.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
22.0¢
Change
0.005(2.33%)
Mkt cap ! $630.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
22.0¢ 22.5¢ 21.3¢ $1.136M 5.196M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
16 560988 21.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
22.0¢ 779386 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
STX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.