trading platforms for currencies & charting, page-4

1. 4,409 Posts.

Thanks Dream

Mike, what i have learnt since post; as found another post here with similar
    search from someone

1st I learnt, many Forex M.Ms seem to have a habit

- of changing spreads

- taking out stop losses as they know where yours is placed in their software

- Become user unfriendly once making too much profit, eg providing a wider
    spread or liquidating the position early or late to their advantage

- Not making it easy to access your cash

Etc etc

It is worthy to note that this usually
    happens once profit is being made
    not during the practice accounts etc. I
    was surprised to note, that one of the
    worst being CMC
    markets they get bagged everywhere I look. Interesting
    enough I have used them for shares but only a little and was not in profit so
    cannot really comment.

I guess as per "Do you really want to
    risk your money on hearsay" the answer is no!
    of course not. However one
    has to start research somewhere. Yes there are pros and cons for each broker and
    platforms. This provides a forum for this to be discussed.

Personally I need intraday charts, daily and an honest and reliable provider not
    much to ask. However it seems that not many Forex providers provide the honest
    reliable bit, once profits are being made.

If you are trading forex it would be appreciated to know who you have chosen,
    how you find their platform, if they have been underhanded once making profit (
    if you are making profit) and do they provide a simple cost effective way of
    retrieving your winnings or funds.

Apparently there are several ways for a M.M. to take your money firstly convert
    to U.S. dollars (incurs a fee) convert back to Aust dollars (incurs a fee).
    Widening the spread during news breaks etc. swinging the market a bit wider to
    take out your stop loss, if this was read once I would have thought a bit of
    paranoia however read it in a few forums.

One of the Australian M.Ms claims to have removed this possibility of market
    manipulation, by having no dealing desk eg straight through to the banks;
    however it was interesting to read complaints against this M.M as well.

Then there was mention rather than use a M.M use a broker as the broker makes
    money from the broking and not supposed to loose when you win so takes out the
    vested interest. The first research done on a broker had numerous complaints and
    worse than CMC were getting.

I guess one has to wonder if some of these posts are not put up by competating
    agents, trying to discredit the other. I am a bit bamboosled by it all at the
    moment, so am trying a platform by forex.com from memory. I feel the platform is
    a bit poor as have to keep an eye out for often changes back to default when you
    make a change and can easily submit an order different to what you had
    anticipated. This would be easy to overcome though.

My main concern is finding a trust worth M.M or ECN broker or combination

M.M. = Market Maker

ECN Broker A
    type of Forex brokerage firm that provide its clients direct access to other
    Forex market participants. ECN brokers don't discourage scalping, don't trade
    against the client, don't charge spread (low spread is defined by current market
    prices) but charge commissions for every order.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.