OEL 9.09% 1.0¢ otto energy limited

The quarterly report provided a little bit of assurance on a few...

1. 682 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 300
    The quarterly report provided a little bit of assurance on a few things (cashflow) but takes away from others (forecast capex spend commitments).

Cashflow from SM71 - $1.1m per month = $3.3m per quarter
    Cashflow from Lightning - $1.0m per quarter
    Total operating cashflows $4.3m per quarter from production
    Staff and head office costs should be now $0.5m per quarter leaving net of c$3.8m for steady state finance repayments etc excluding any contribution from GC21.
    What does this mean? If we manage to get down to a no capex environment...we should be relatively safe to be able to pay down the $2.5m amortising loan due each quarter.

Clearly there is a bit of capex to be spent yet but it's already committed (we all knew that). However, i think we are fairly safe for now....even though the rights issue will be very undersubscribed. I kind of like it that way. Management will need to treat this scarce cash very carefully.

The big unknown for me is still the Hilcorp program. I doubt Hilcorp want to drill these in the current environment and neither will we....hopefully they can get delayed at the very least.

If we can get to $40 oil, hedge GC21 with a collar, we will be looking a lot better. Short term, oil looks a tough business...thank god GC21 isn't coming online this quarter. 6 months should look very different IMO.

There is a bit of upside to natural gas if oil production in the US does fall off a cliff. It was already forecast to fall c5 bcf per day...i wonder if the current environment will make things worse? A doubling of gas prices would be great for Lightning. Still wouldn't pay for that capex sunk though!!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OEL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.0¢
Change
-0.001(9.09%)
Mkt cap ! $47.95M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.1¢ 1.1¢ 1.0¢ $72.25K 6.568M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 9366232 1.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.2¢ 4532067 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OEL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.