CVI 0.00% 0.3¢ cvi energy corporation limited

jensdab,The rule for trading on the ASX from the UK (and...

1. 528 Posts.
    jensdab,

The rule for trading on the ASX from the UK (and possibly Europe) is that you are only allowed to bid a MAXIMUM of 5% above the previous closing price.

Frustrating? It gets worse!

The first timing of your bid is after 10 minutes has elapsed after the market has opened.

E.G. I bought some on Xmas eve. The previous close was 26.5c so I put in a bid at 27.5 (maximum allowed) The trade went through at 10.13 for 27 so I was lucky. If the SP had gone above 27.5 and stayed there, I would have to wait until the next day's trading with a higher bid.

Beware, the same rule applies when you wish to sell, but in reverse - if the SP drops more than 5% below than you sell price then you can't sell them. So if a price plummets, you're in trouble!

There is another option....you can open an Aussie bank account, and send a copy of your passport to someone like Sanford when applying to open an internet account. You send cash into your Oz account and use that to feed your trading account. That way you can trade on line dynamically.

Been there, seen it done it?
    Am there, watching it, doing it!!

Good luck!!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.