ASX 1.58% $64.41 asx limited

re: trading software / yolande Hi CMM (its quicker),OK... the...

1. 330 Posts.
    re: trading software / yolande Hi CMM (its quicker),

OK... the SAS institute is probably the biggest ... no not probabaly IS.. the biggest and best software package in the world for statistical analysis ... see ..
    http://www.sas.com/ ... when I say it is huge it really is the best analytical software anywhere (and once you understand it ... it can lead to jobs anywhere if you want ..) but basically it works by taking in a data stream and building a database ... ie takes a data stream of 100 data fields and creates 100 "variables" of information which you can then manipulate any way you want ... ie: ... give me the last 180 days of all stocks hourly trade volume ... create a value that is equal to the average traded volume of each stock ... and then compare it to the current volume in the last hour ... create a ratio of pre/post .. sort in descending order and then print out the results ... this would take around 30 seconds... and tell you what stocks were jumping ...

I taught myself in around 2-3 months ... but it is invaluable ... it is like programming in english ...

Hope this helps ...

atb

Yolande

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$64.41
Change
1.000(1.58%)
Mkt cap ! $12.48B
Open High Low Value Volume
$63.49 $64.41 $63.39 $28.91M 451.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 18000 $64.25

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$64.43 629 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ASX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.