XJO 0.77% 7,761.0 s&p/asx 200

You both might find this interesting as it entails tangible...

1. 1,214 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 98

You both might find this interesting as it entails tangible details about the strategy in question. Etiene is hard to understand but if your interested in the topic that helps a lot! I've tagged onto him because I'm automated and find his examples have hard and tested rules built in as opposed to general trading conversation of most videos relaying what we already know.

In the video example it has a recent trade on the AUD/USD which I have been trading so was instantly familiar with the chart levels and set-up.

As I used to do something similar on a daily Penny stock charts years ago, I've taken the small manual short on offer today on the 1hr XJO chart and have just taken 1/3 off at the mid-line to pay for my risk. As price is choppy I'm expecting a breakeven but we'll see. My stop has now been moved down but not break even just to free carry.

I have also highlighted the 2 other recent entries available using this set-up. Note the current price action hasn't sliced through the mid-line like in the other two examples until the hour is up hence why being the third time on offer in the range I am not expecting much.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4845/4845673-2b6abd50d3e291d2572ebe3bee74fd8b.jpg

So the strategy works. I have also today coded a FTSE 1hr short and got a 68% win rate using this methodology (some work to do on the long!) I haven't however taken this on the FTSE tonight as I already have systems that catch this price action but if the set-up was the same UK would be the better index to do it on as you'll usually get near twice the range.

Good to see this thread get some traction. Thanks@kacy

Hope this is useful.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.