Hi Poly,What is MQL5 EA Builder? A quick google and I couldn't...

1. 2,335 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 536
    Hi Poly,

What is MQL5 EA Builder? A quick google and I couldn't find anything called that specifically just a lot of forum results.

I have done admittedly little research on what is the 'best' building tool, free or otherwise, however will say the Trade View Investments EA Lab tool that Rick and Sharks have mentioned has a very good UI and is drag and drop - some of the other tools I have seen can be a bit clunky.

I will say however that whilst EA Lab is good, and yes Trade View does also provide a very good video series, produces regular webinars, things like that - the EA Lab tool itself it not flawless. For example I have found myself finding it is unable to utilise string variables, it hasn't mapped all 'standard' MT4 indicators, and the conversion from the tool -> MQL4 is reliant on their library, it's not a clean mapping. I have been able to suck down their code and manually make adjustments where required, and will say it hasn't actually stopped me from achieving anything I want to do yet - but I am aware there is a lot of shared functionality that you will probably be unable to use due the nature of how they code the files coming out of EA Lab.

All of that said, I don't have buyers remorse it's a great tool and allows me to go from idea -> back test in minutes sometimes, and that's all I really need at the moment.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.