1/. If you use EALabs Builder... do you also get the source...

1. 2,335 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 536
    1/. If you use EALabs Builder... do you also get the source code?

Yes and no, you will download the 'source code' and can then edit it directly in metaeditor, then compile as normal. They don't force you to download an already compiled file. Note however that the EALab code is NOT identical to base MQL code, you need to have a library file in order for the code to be referenced properly, and that library file in encrypted you can't read it. It can all be reverse engineered manually, you just have to re-write it in the proper MQL format so that the library file does not need to be called upon however that would probably take some time. I believe the reason for this is so a) they can clearly track if people are sharing their code inappropriately, and b) to stop their codes being sold on marketplace etc. (as otherwise you would also need to sell the library file). It's just a mechanism to protect their IP, ultimately won't stop you from adding whatever functionality you want to the code directly.

2/. Does using EALabs restrict your choice of broker? Can I take this EA and use it with another broker?

There is no restriction. I believe they might be planning to support MQL5 soon as well, but don't quote me on that, and don't ask me what the definition of soon is.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.