Trading thru your superannuation account, page-2

1. 2,669 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 232
    Hostplus and QSuper are also funds that allow it.

They pretty much all have the same limitations as far as ASX300 only and a few ETF's and limits on % of any one stock held.

I use Member Direct and have outperformed AustralianSuper results on average yoy so am in front if I had left it to Australian Super to manage.

Personally I think the limits imposed are a good thing, there would be many that would lose most of their Super through an Industry Fund that allowed investment in Speculative Stocks to an unlimited %

There are certainly good gains to be made in investing in ASX300 stocks if you research.

The fund doing all the paper work is a plus. Most have reasonable fees associated with direct share options.

I am nearing preservation age and looking to retire and will probably switch to an SMSF prior to retiring but have been happy with my choice to go the direct option. Had I gon SMSF earlier there is a good chance I would have lost a lot of money chasing speculative stocks with my retirement fund monies. I may also have done better, it is an unknown. What is know is I have done quite well.

I will be retiring with a balance far far above what an ordinary fund holder would have for a similar age.

IMHO One should do what they feel is best for them but also own that decision, don't blame others for your own mistakes.

Research, Investment decisions and management of your funds are ultimately your own responsibility.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.