GNM 6.67% 1.6¢ great northern minerals limited

Trading Today, page-1146

1. 9,114 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17869
    In understanding what I have said I am making a case in point around the difference in 'world class mines' against just operating an ok mine in Africa. If you have just an ok mine in Africa that is not world class in terms of 'market share considerations in the commodity you are producing' you will have your issues but can operate ok there IMO. If you are sprouting a 'world class mine', defined as one that will take or supply a significant market share from others if developed like Simandou, as is AVZ and Rio and PDN among others were/are sprouting a fair bet is a different set of rules IMO will apply to you and they can be quite problematic if not managed well.

Governments there, and just go into the relevant Mining Codes there, often take free equity, but not stumping development capital, in African project and if they consider your project valuable well free equity can become quite high if they decide they want more, but that becomes the issue of why you are there in the first place - high risk, high reward if manage the risks well and the government/dictator in that African country haven't changed in the interim.

The Fraser Institute and other research organisations are using best endeavours but even they give caution to what it says and mining companies would follow there own set of rules before investing. What is making Africa a focus for mining companies, including in DRC, is they are greenfields areas and many of the countries there have redrafted their Mining Codes of late with the aim of attracting private investment - that said whether they stick to that agenda is another risk and yet has not been established.

So whilst things have improved in Africa for mining, against the backdrop of increasing unrest hence the inconsistency there including in DRC as @apjkm has posted, I'll just say for 'world class deposits' they have not improved that much IMO and goal posts do change and change without warning. I have an E&R background btw. In terms of your project I think I have been fair in my assessment in this post Post #: 23619552 and the ones before that - my last post to you on this forum, if want a real debate lets do it on your forum rather than clog this forum with your agenda.

But let's debate the issue once an 'ok deposit' or 'world class deposit' is found in either jurisdiction slated for development and right now neither AVZ or GPP have a JORC resource that falls in either bucket so right now there is essentially nothing to debate so have no idea why you are seeking to hijack threads here with whatever agenda you are run ning. But here is the tip for you, in terms of GPP an 'ok to world class resource' will still have the same set of rules applying, whilst for AVZ I would say the rules will be different and that is IMO (and that is what is meant by sovereign risk in part as well, and note I said in part because soverign risk is much broader than that).

If spod is found in Guyana I also would say the market will be there - to say the Chinese, outside Africa as you suggest, are not looking elsewhere for new greenfield development supply sources is an untruth. The Chinese will go where the new resources are and if they are in Guyana they will be there, but as I have previously posted there is only a three year window for greenfields projects to be developed. All IMO
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GNM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.6¢
Change
0.001(6.67%)
Mkt cap ! $2.474M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.5¢ 1.6¢ 1.5¢ $1.784K 111.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 398452 1.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.6¢ 167011 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GNM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.