Hi Yotta et al;Didn't know where to post this - I am pretty...

1. 17,838 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 145
    Hi Yotta et al;

Didn't know where to post this - I am pretty entrenched over at the Liefstyle 'complaining' thread -
    but have one daughter who is a professional musician, apart from being a fab. pianist she plays every string instrument in the violin and viola section - even Chinese violin (in movie 'Skyfall')
    the story though is: Yesterday I had to go with my eldest girl into the outer fringes of Perth - Hill and Horse country - in order to pick up a custom-made copy of a baroque violin for my musician girl and we had at least 1 hour with the luthier (violin and viola- and cello-instrument builder), who eventually had to say good-bye to his 'child' - we took photos of workshop and him and his wife - can't publish here, of course - but all will go to England where my daughter has her career and life.

The luthier is also a passionate musician (sax and dubuk) as well as totally in love with his profession - getting on a bit in years, but fit, healthy, 'alive' in a way most people his age are not, because he has lived his passion for his craft and for music. His wife is very supportive and shares his passion - quite wonderful to see. I cannot put his name here, but if you could find a picture of a duduk and some music, it would be great. The only other person I am aware of who plays or played a duduk here in W.A. was one Linsey Pollak who left here to make his life in the Eastern States; seems he has veered right off the traditional path and makes musical instruments from everyday objects, including vegetables(!) now . . . .

Let me just say this about this wonderful workshop: as soon as one enters it one becomes aware of very subtle fragrances of wood and laquers - not in an overpowering way - in a very pleasant way - one knows instantly: here is somebody who is almost religious about his craft and it is the craft which sustains him body and soul. A rare experience and I feel privileged to have met this man and his wife.
    Have a great day, all
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.