yotta - I just read your email - unfortunately this particular...

1. 17,811 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 143
    yotta - I just read your email - unfortunately this particular girl (middle-aged woman now) is very gifted and not at all humble. Difficult character at times, has been very ill, but getting better and recently bought a copy baroque violin from an Australian luthier, which her older sister and I had to go and pick up and older sister then personally took over to England. Just meeting this luthier was wonderful - great love for his profession, wonderful workshop studio which had exquisite smells of wood and perfume-liike lacquers, - and he is the one who plays the Duduk - I have not had the time to attend his monthly sessions at a local pub, but have just remembered to check him out.

re my musician: One great talent in a family of three gifted children is not a cause for rejoicing - believe you me. She also composes, but mostly short pieces which get digitalised and are part of a small business (not hers) to sell for commercials and stuff like that, so she gets a regular income from that; but is heavily involved in the music which is appended at Abbey Road Studios to Hollywood movies - some major studios send the completed movie over and the music is added to in England - I believe Eastern Europe now represents big competition (cheaper). She wrote one beautiful composition on account of her father's (premature) death, which I treasure.

If I had known what I know now, I would have sent all the music teachers packing, encourage her marry the first good bloke (there were plenty, as she is also pretty) and have a 'normal' life.

But having said that - it is what it is and I have had some amazing experiences through her, participating in one particular Europe tour with Mark Knopfler and his band of Merry Men (mostly hired musicians from the States) and pretty amazing concerts and musical experiences when I am over in England - and due to her re-training for popular music and jazz - I got to know a lot of the lighter contemporary music.

Music is the greatest gift - either by being involved in it, or just being a listener.
    Happy New Year 2020
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.