Traditional Musical Instruments from all over the world, page-142

1. 17,903 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 148
    @Parsifal - 'A woman after my own heart' haha: we would either talk for hours, or we would soon be bored with one another, because we have a lot in common!

re the Devil: when I/we lived in Sydney and the children were small my husband decided he wanted to dress up as Santa and knock on the door of our apartment flat and give our children their gifts that way.

Well, he did - and our darling children were thoroughly terrified, so he had to own up that he was really 'Daddy' - relief and laughter all round.

I reckon I grew up a lot tougher than my kids; even dressing up one year as a devil and giving a boy a thorough thrashing. It was in retaliation, because he had done the same to me the year before - he never knew it was a girl who humiliated him - and I had to keep it a secret. I owned up to Mum after the event when she found some strangely modified clothing . . . . .

Sadly in Australia; apart from the Mardi Gras which seems to be thoroughly dominated by one section of society only - there isn't much dressing-up happening, with music and the processions and all the crazy things that come along with it. I remember Masked Balls, Balls for each profession etc. - don't know if this is still happening. IN Switzerland and South Germany they have masked processions, like in Rio - before and around Mardi Gras - and it's a wonderful spectacle to view, with lots of people lining the streets.
    Sorry - music afficionados!!! I shall keep 'mum' forever after this - and maybe the next time - and the next - haha!!!
    Go well - all
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.