@yotta - I knew someone who could play this instrument really...

1. 17,806 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 143
    @yotta - I knew someone who could play this instrument really well, but he thought the best players were all from South of the Border - i.e. the former Yugoslavia - and, of course, their style of music is completely different, having evolved WITHOUT the Western Sol-Fa system and having semi-tones and smaller - can't do that on the Harmonika, of course -but the rhythms are so fascinating. I began to get interested in that type of music for a while, after hearing the Bulgarian singers (a large female choir) on one of their first tours of England.

I - just this morning - a tour of all the local radio stations (and community stations; ethnic, seniors, Curtin etc. listened to a broadcast for blind people with a very good, if monotonous reader etc.) - and I discovered a few things I had heard a long time ago - and it must be said: without the Sol-Fa system our Western Music would not have the huge variety it has in all its iterations, and it is slowly encroaching on the more pliable styles of Asia - I do hope they offer some resistance, just to keep the variety going . . . .
    There is so much music around - one lifetime is not enough
    regards
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.