@simgrund - of course you can visit - hopefully permission to...

1. 17,836 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 145
    @simgrund - of course you can visit - hopefully permission to enter the Western Australian Fiefdom is given soon - so far we are locked in to beginning of April. I don't believe our Premier can carry this through, because our tourist industry is already moaning.

What a beautiful and clever poem - I do poetry, but in the past mostly funny stuff -

The conclusion of the poem put me in mind of visitors I had this week, a Viennese lady (Mum was Jewish) who married late in life - an Australian she met on Cottesloe Beach here in Perth - she then got sick, because of accident - long stay in hospital and is now halfway back among the living. They visited this week and I cannot believe they are both in my age group - although I am fond of them, and in particular the lady (she reminds me of 'home') it was difficult dealing with them and I had to do the talking, entertaining, cheering up etc. - I am still in shock, but "I will survive" - and hopefully, my friend will blossom - again - she used to be a model!

I have to knuckle down and write a poem - maybe a serious one. Early this year, I wrote some joke poems about all my fellow posters over on the Lounge thread -

Yours is very good - and setting it to music is a great idea - what style?
    Schubertian? Brahmsian or a-la Sparks??? (Sparks! = my latest discovery due to NoBoDe!! tongue.png- )
    Go well
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.