@TauriskThank you for introducing the Bandoneon (Post #:...

1. 3,223 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3

@Taurisk
    Thank you for introducing the Bandoneon (Post #: 43892670).
    105. Bandoneon : The bandoneon (or bandonion, Spanish: bandoneón) is a type of concertina particularly popular in Argentina and Uruguay. It is an essential instrument in most tango ensembles from the traditional orquesta típica of the 1910s onwards. As with other members of the concertina family, the bandoneon is held between both hands, and by pulling and pushing actions force air through bellows and then routing air through particular reeds as by pressing the instrument's buttons. Bandoneons have a different sound from accordions, because bandoneons do not usually have register switches that are common on accordions. Nevertheless, the tone of the bandoneon can be changed a great deal using varied bellows pressure and overblowing, thus creating potential for expressive playing and diverse timbres.Wikipedia
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2160/2160446-4f6a3c52ce082a1a986367a9cf8bd108.jpg

106.Berimbau: The berimbau (Portuguese pronunciation: [beɾĩˈbaw]) is a single-string percussion instrument, a musical bow, from Brazil. Originally from Africa where it receives different names, the berimbau was eventually incorporated into the practice of the Afro-Brazilian martial art capoeira, the berimbau leads the capoeiristas movement in the roda—the faster the berimbau is playing the faster the capoeirista moves in the game. The instrument is known for being the subject matter of a popular song by Brazilian guitarist Baden Powell, with lyrics by Vinicius de Moraes. The instrument is also a part of Candomblé-de-caboclo tradition.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2160/2160452-42dea0a13f3e83f58d3b6b189cad4305.jpg

@Taurisk, this is for you. Hungarian Dance - Korean traditional instrument [Gayageum : Post #: 36440606] Arrangement.

BTW, The House of the Rising Sun (The Animals) was one of my favourites when I was a teen.

Demis Roussos and Vangelis are great Greek musicians I like.
    Demis Roussos? "Goodbye, My Love, Goodbye" is the best for me.
    And Vangelis' electronic music is very unique. e.g., his music in Cosmos: A Personal Voyage by Carl Sagan.
    Without his music, Carl Sagan's Cosmos couldn't be that successful, I reckon.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.