"These type of blokes seem to have the attitude toward a woman...

1. 8,150 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1060
    "These type of blokes seem to have the attitude toward a woman of.."If I can't have you nobody can". No one can see or read this sickness I guess..."

I see two issues here. One: Identifying someone who may be capable of such horrific violence. Two: Identifying the triggers that are likely to set this person off.

I think number two is fairly clear. Loss of control. There is no question that some men view their family as their property and, providing that the family act within his parameters of acceptable behaviour, there are no problems. Breach those parameters and the cuddly bear becomes a snarling and threatening grizzly protecting his property and boundaries. A few of these episodes and Mum and the kids quickly learn that there are some things they dare not do.

How many people were brought up this way and accepted it as normal? How many Mums and daughters thought it better to placate the beast than risk god knows what? Probably more than we are willing to admit. Could it be that many of us are capable of something similar when in a similar situation?

The thing is, despite our protestations, we really don't know. We call him an animal, a monster, as if to remove from our thoughts the possibility of our own savage nature.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.