NKP 0.00% 9.9¢ nkwe platinum limited

As an expat South African, the NKP issue is a prime example why...

1. 1,071 Posts.
    As an expat South African, the NKP issue is a prime example why so many people are leaving the country. Apart from the crime there is also the current political agenda and historical post apartheid uncertainty.

There is no culture of a "fair go" in South Africa, when it comes to money unfortunately it is a dog eat dog society. It is probable that influential and anonymous people with money have got a sniff of the NKP story, approached the local communities, made a deal and the rest as they say is history. My folks live in the North of the Limpopo province (incidentally had false claims made against their farm) and the majority of their customers are the local government. Nothing seems to be above board you have to ?give in kind? in order to receive any business, event to get paid for your product or service. I know I cant generalise here but for the most part this is the ingrained culture at these levels and the way business is done.

As this case will set a precedence and potential avalanche of cases, I imaging the SA Government is caught between a rock and a hard place indeed. I say government and not the court as history has shown that the independence is questionable. Look up the shady history of the current president (Jacob Zuma), whom has survived several allegations and near criminal convictions - including rape.

Either way this is a tragic event because it will have serious implications and doubts over foreign investment into South Africa. The corrupt minority will get richer whilst the innocent will remain poor. There will be very few winners when all is said and done.

I think if NKP can come out of this unscathed it will be truly remarkable and I for one will consider investing but I still have concerns for the greater cause that is South Africa. Do I think NKP will get these farms back? No but maybe if they employ some of the local tactics miracles could happen ;o)

All of the above is my opinion only, I suggest DYOR.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NKP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.