Pete222, there's no doubt the Battle of the Coral Sea and way...

1. 9,175 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 506
    Pete222, there's no doubt the Battle of the Coral Sea and way more importantly Midway were two key engagements in the Pacific theatre in WW2.

America's participation i suggest was nearly all about naval/air strategy with any suggestion their engagement was about saving Australia at best a minor consideration.

if Australia incurred any debt to America as a result i think it's been well and truly redeemed many times.

Pete222, by your way of thinking Australia is forever in debt to AmericA.

as a result, Australian blood has been spilled in Southeast Asia and the Middle East as we participated in the American regime's relentless genocides and destruction of countries that never did us any harm.

are we to be forever tied in with the relentless aggression of America against their imagined enemies in every corner of the globe.

for our security we've got to cut America adrift and watch them sink under the tremendous weight of their own stupidity.

i would rather Australia was aligned with a nation that raised a billion people out of poverty than with a country that utterly wasted itself wrecking as many other countries as it could and debt funding the destruction to the tune of trillions of dollars.

if you love America so much get a green card and move there. The intelligence level of both Australia and America would be raised if you did.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.