FAR 3.03% 51.0¢ far limited

Transocean and Cajun Express

1. 5,011 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 297
    Ouch!  Our drillship operator Transocean has been found 30% responsible for the BP Gulf of Mexico spill by a US court.
    BP has, of course, appealed the decision which found them 'grossly negligent' and 60% responsible.

Not sure what the Transocean balance sheet or insurance policies look like, but that's gotta hurt.

Speaking of the CE, it's still on the FAN-1 site, or at least was at 9:13 this morning Eastern time.

How long does it usually take to plug the hole and shut up shop?  The timeline on this drill finishing is starting to look like the L6 drill start timeline:
    L6 - we'll be drilling in 12-18 months from today.
    FAN-1 - we'll be finished in a few weeks from today!

I'm starting to think that the only plausible reason for the change in the rig expected finish date* is that the JV has already decided not to drill SNE-1 at this stage, and instead put the cash expected to to be spent on SNE-1 to extended operations on FAN-1.  Of course, being a tight hole, this is not public knowledge.  Will be watching with interest for the next Transocean report.

Please note, this is pure speculation, based only on what I see as an inconsistency in the two publicly available documents.  Happy to hear other explanations.

*On the 16th August Transocean Fleet Status Report, the CE went from an expected October 2014 finish to a Sept 2014 finish.  This was just 11 days before the 27th August discovery ann which said FAN-1 would be completed during 'the next month [Sept], after which time the rig will be move to the SNE-1 location'.  Surely on the 16th August CNE and Transocean would have known that there was no way they were going to finish FAN-1, move to SNE-1, finish drilling, test, and P&A by the end of September.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
51.0¢
Change
0.015(3.03%)
Mkt cap ! $47.12M
Open High Low Value Volume
50.0¢ 51.0¢ 50.0¢ $51.68K 102.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 75177 50.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
51.0¢ 187769 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.45pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.