FLT 1.57% $21.95 flight centre travel group limited

Travel sector strong resistance, page-18

1. 13,697 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8306
    “Many shares have doubled or more since their lows in Feb/Mar and this stock has really only gone up a fraction of what it was.”

Are you implying a “relatively small” fraction, based on what a simple sp chart indicates?
    i.e. it was $40, went under $10, now “only” $14..?

It was only a couple of days ago that the sp was over $17.50, which is actually equivalent to a return to about $35 when the dilution is factored in. Sure, they have more cash now but that is required to get through this tough time, and will get chewed through rapidly no doubt.

The stock effectively returned to about 85% of its pre-covid level, and imo saying that it “has really only gone up a fraction of what it was” is disingenuous and inaccurate. Yes, it is technically “correct” since 85% is still “a fraction” of 100%, but the implication is a clear exaggeration in my view.

Almost half of the stock was bought at $7.20 and now we are seeing profit taking in action.

Having said that, I do believe there is upside here in the longer term and was invested until recently, until it got a bit too toppy for my liking, for the short term.
    Good luck to all holders, but please ensure you are interpreting the commentary correctly when trying to evaluate how the current price compares to the pre-covid levels! Many are clearly still getting this evaluation wrong and think there is 65% to go until it “recovers”.
    People perpetuating this myth when they know otherwise is very poor form and clearly aimed at sucking in the uninitiated.
    Beware and do your homework.

GL

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FLT (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.