traveling this x-mas by plane visiting family?

1. 8,606 Posts.
    If you are traveling via an airline this Christmas, you will probably be looking at carting around a lot of presents to give to your friends and family.

My suggestion is that you do your shopping online and having the goods delivered to the relatives in time for X-mas eve
    - and to make the whole affair sweeter, it happens to be that many goods that are available online are up to 70% cheaper than buying in the shops.

I ordered a 12 megapixel underwater camera tonight for only $80, with a 12 month international warranty and all.., and get this, even better, it's actually been bought from an Aussie seller and its brand new, the works.

So now i will save up to $20 per kilo for the extra luggage (via an airline).

Give it a go!

L

Now a whinge on the side from me, and kind of on topic:

- Try competing with that Harvey Norman.
    I challenge YOU to do something about your own very high prices (be the middle man vis the internet)
    - or stop whining about you lack of proactivity.
    Gerry, in spite of your financial own interests and will to be the most wealthy retailer in Australia, your lack of proactivity on this GST matter might cost all Australian up to 50% more for everything they ever buy over the internet - that is one selfish act my friend and it is very UN-Australian of you to pull the entire population down, just because you are unhappy with what legitimate sales competition might do to your bank account and share.
    So you want Australia to change for your own agenda now do you?
    - I don;t normally call people names, but i have heard you do it on interviews and i choose to take a leaf out of your book and shout it back to you:
    I thought you were a decent 'for the battler' type of man, but you really take the cake this time and have made a 'sissy' out of yourself.
    I wish you a huge personal loss this Christmas Gerry, out of spite for planting such a wealth and tax orientated idea into the Governments head as you have over these last 2 weeks.
    Ironically, i also feel sorry for all the Harvey Norman Share holders who had this man plant the idea to the people that they can get GST free goods instead of buying them at Harvey Norman this year - he did this at Christmas and there is no such thing as bad publicity Mr Harvey - you let hte cat out of the bag in a very big way!!
    So much for timing...and the old saying comes to mind "loose lips sink ships".

L

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.