travellers to singapore beware !! (updated), page-22

1. 4,271 Posts.
    re: re:banjar: travellers to singapore beware !! ( Thanks for that banjar.
    As for the capital punishment bit. I've post an article which said more or less what you did, and that is that Singapore "has painted itself into a corner" so far as that form of punishment is concerned and that only after consistent, persistent and continuous political and economic sanction Sing'ore will change. The fact that their current PM is an economist might bring the change about a little earlier because I believe he, himself, needs the world's help in order to make the change. He doesn't seem to have the sligh, sleazy characteristics of the old whily horse LKY. (saw him on TV recently on Geoffrey Robinson's "Hypothetical" and the old war horse hasn't changed one bit!)

I'm surprised by your view that LKY still holds sway so mightily in that place. It seems by that, that even if he dies (can't be much longer now) his props will still be there -or is it the case that the rotten fish dies from the head?

You've delineated the social history succinctly and credibly. Many thanks again.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.