trawler decision staggering and dangerous, page-3

1. 39 Posts.
    Just listened to Tony Windsor interview on the news.
    He indicated his major concern was with"procedural issues"
    and he would not be rushed.
    It seems to me that his major concern was that industry should not be hammpered if they had approvals - regardless of whether these approvals are in the public interest or not.
    I did not once hear him indicate a concern for the fish, environment, or public opinion or anything else that may impair a companies right to profit right or wrong.
    There can be no doubt the science argument is debatable as the science in most cases has been funded by the industries impacted by the result and therefore is rarely
    impartial.
    I was naive enough to believe a politician was supposed to represent the people who elected him/her in the first instance, the people and nation and make decisions that are for the good of all - not the few because they may lose some money!!
    He also does not take into account the public has only just become aware of these approvals and have voiced their concern in the only way available to them. I would have thought it prudent to listen to these concerns rather than accuse the government of governing by social media - surely they sould take this into account - or doesnt the public have a right to an opinion except when it relates to the election of a politician.
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.