MSB 2.73% $1.07 mesoblast limited

Mesoblast Limited (ASX:MSB) Is Expected To Breakeven Simply Wall...

1. 173 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 405

Mesoblast Limited (ASX:MSB) Is Expected To Breakeven

2 weeks ago

Mesoblast Limited’s (ASX:MSB): Mesoblast Limited, a biopharmaceutical company, develops and commercializes allogeneic cellular medicines. With the latest financial year loss of -US$89.8m and a trailing-twelve month of -US$75.8m, the AU$691m market-cap alleviates its loss by moving closer towards its target of breakeven. As path to profitability is the topic on MSB’s investors mind, I’ve decided to gauge market sentiment. Below I will provide a high-level summary of the industry analysts’ expectations for MSB.

View our latest analysis for Mesoblast

According to the 7 industry analysts covering MSB, the consensus is breakeven is near. They anticipate the company to incur a final loss in 2022, before generating positive profits of US$371m in 2023. So, MSB is predicted to breakeven approximately 3 years from now. What rate will MSB have to grow year-on-year in order to breakeven on this date? Using a line of best fit, I calculated an average annual growth rate of 75%, which is extremely buoyant. If this rate turns out to be too aggressive, MSB may become profitable much later than analysts predict.

ASX:MSB Past and Future Earnings, March 18th 2020ASX:MSB Past and Future Earnings, March 18th 2020

Given this is a high-level overview, I won’t go into details of MSB’s upcoming projects, but, keep in mind that by and large biotechs, depending on the stage of product development, have irregular periods of cash flow. This means that a high growth rate is not unusual, especially if the company is currently in an investment period.

Before I wrap up, there’s one aspect worth mentioning. MSB has managed its capital prudently, with debt making up 17% of equity. This means that MSB has predominantly funded its operations from equity capital,and its low debt obligation reduces the risk around investing in the loss-making company.

Next Steps:

There are key fundamentals of MSB which are not covered in this article, but I must stress again that this is merely a basic overview. For a more comprehensive look at MSB, take a look at MSB’s company page on Simply Wall St. I’ve also put together a list of relevant aspects you should further examine:

1. Historical Track Record: What has MSB’s performance been like over the past? Go into more detail in the past track record analysis and take a look at the free visual representations of our analysis for more clarity.
    2. Management Team: An experienced management team on the helm increases our confidence in the business – take a look at who sits on Mesoblast’s board and the CEO’s back ground.
    Interesting article regarding cash burning and cashflow in the future just as prof said:“[There's] no need for any capital raises”.

Not a advice!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.07
Change
-0.030(2.73%)
Mkt cap ! $1.221B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.11 $1.21 $1.05 $27.04M 24.06M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 23434 $1.07

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.07 38115 14
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.09pm 02/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.08
  Change
-0.030 ( 2.07 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.10 $1.21 $1.05 5036289
Last updated 15.29pm 02/05/2024 ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.