PV1 6.25% 3.0¢ provaris energy ltd

trembling volcano, page-8

1. 3,089 Posts.
    Thanks Collsey. Although I do hope you did your own research rather than just rely on me and others?!!

If you are excited now, wait til TTE drills into the caprock above the Allen Dome. To use the analogy of this thread, we could have a 'trembling volcano' on our hands if we get really lucky.

Either way, the current bopd from just one quarter of one zone, of one drill, where they still have other potential oil bearing zones in that one drill, should be enough to get anyone excited.

I did read an article recently that was an extract of another article written by Lucas, the man who was involved in Spindletop. He had a theory that the oil in the salt domes was migrating up from much deeper levels i.e. below 5000 feet, in his words.

Nowadays, 5000ft wells would be considered the norm. I have had shares in companies who have drilled onshore (Louisiana) Gulf of Mexico wells down to the 16,000 to 17,500 ft level.

The target depth from Reese#2 was 5200 ft (approx one mile down, in the old scale) but they never got there at the 1st attempt, due to the 'kickback'. This is the still unexplored 5th zone.

So, as Mikey26 has mentioned several times, this 'kickback' is something else to get excited about i.e. what if oil (or gas, or condensate) has migrated into our Texas salt dome (it's not that far from the coast) from deeper levels closer to the Gulf of Mexico coast - and all TTE needs to do is drill deep enough to tap into the main hydrocarbon source?

Food for thought on this Anzac day holiday......and what makes the small caps so exciting (as long as you have done the research beforehand).

All the above is my personal opinion. It is not investment advice, as I am not qualified to give it. DYOR.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PV1 (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.