A2M 1.73% $6.46 the a2 milk company limited

Trialling A1 exclusion, page-11

1. 141 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8
    Yes it is possible to live free of A1 protein. It takes discipline and organisation.

Besides consuming all the A2 products available, milk cream, icecream etc, I find going out is always the hardest, however it can be done.

I take a2 milk with me in a mini thermos whenever i go to cafes so I can add it to my hot drinks. I also frequent a few cafes that will happily use the A2 milk I bring along to make up a chai latte for me. There is an extensive list of cafes using A2 milk exclusively on the A2 website: https://a2milk.com.au/find/

When I eat out I have also got used to asking for what ingredients are used. I tend to eat at places where all the food is prepared on site, that way, it is easy for staff to check exactly what's in it.

I find that it is easier to eat mainly Asian food like Thai, Japanese, Chinese etc as these cuisines don't contain milk. These days goats cheese (A2) is also quite easily found in cafes. Sheeps and goats cheese are often used in Mediterranean cooking, for example hallumi is fine. When in doubt, the vegan menu is a great option as no dairy is included.

Often before travelling interstate I will check online resources such a vegan cafe list, like, http://www.happycow.net  that way I have a few places to start.

For takeaways I get pizza without cheese, it actually tastes okay, especially if it is a gourmet one with lots of flavour. Sushi is good. All the fast food places like Mcdonalds have ingredients listed online, so it is possible to check first which options don't contain milk.

Standard butter does not contain any milk protein so pastries and cakes can be okay to eat. Raw vegan desserts are amazing to eat and are becoming more common to find.

For me and my kids the risk of having A1 protein in our diet is just not worth it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add A2M (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.