XJO 0.12% 7,822.3 s&p/asx 200

trick trades (waffle caution)

1. 4,960 Posts.
    Well helooooooooo Xjoers :)))

Long time no speak, been busy doing my own stuff, setting up a good trading n analysis environment, spending prolly way to much time online chatting with professional traders, n generally avoiding the XJO thread while I figure out where my voice "belongs"...

For the mo tho... I still am full of myself enough to start my own thread n throw some stuff at ya...

It sometimes feels like I am talking to a lot of good people here, almost a conversation LOL so meh, even if tis but onesided, I do gain a lot from doing it :)

So back into the bosom of the XJO thread again :)))

Ahhhh Hotcopper, will I ever be able to let you go....

From Ze Blog

====================================

Topic of the Day...

Trick Trades

I feel that trick trades are borderline grey area "immoral"

I define a trick trade as a trade based on setup which appears through forward observation to be consistant and low risk, yet the setup is not based on specific TA it is more a case of if price does this, this is the trade to take.

At this particular time in the life of the market,  these trades appear to work well enough perceintage wise to make money and potentially define risk...

Here are two examples of Trick Trades

US Closing action as indication for following Day SPI action.

Setup:
    At or Near the Closing bell of the SPX, if movement is Dynamic in a particular direction, take a position on the SPI directly opposite the closing direction of the SPX500.

Entry
    Take position on SPI as soon as it opens.

Exit
    Conservative - Gain of twenty points (where gain is on the position, so for a short... index drops 20 pts from open, for a long index rises 20 points from open)

Agressive - Close position at End of SPI cash session

Risk
    Max: 20 points... stop loss initially 20 pts below opening price of SPI

Reward
    Conservative - up to 20 points
    Agressive - Best trade I have actually made was 75 points

Trick Trade 2... Still in development

Trade opposite the closing SPI Futures action.

The trading action referred to here is that which occurs on the current SPI contract between 16:10 after cash stocks auction close, and 16:30, the SPI cash close before  the night session starts.

Setup
    Dynamic price movement in a particular direction

Entry
    Take a position on the SPI  EITHER as close to 16:30 as possible, or on night session open, directly opposite the closing direction of the SPI.

Exit
    Conservative - Gain of twenty points (where gain is on the position, so for a short... index drops 20 pts from open, for a long index rises 20 points from open)

Agressive - Close position at End of SPI night session
    Risk
    Potentially Great... I don't have this sussed out yet... see notes below

Reward
    Conservative - up to 20 points

Notes:

This trade is a little scarey when being played at the time, as entry can be difficult with the futures price getting quite volatile and thin before futures close. Also, night session spreads can blow out, trying to figure out a reasonable exit on a wide spread can be tough
    ====================================

So... hard justify for reasons stated at start of post... Sure I could pop out some pretty good sounding theories based on Mob Psychology n Large Position Traders butI do "feel" that such theories are kinda pseudoscience as ultimately unprovable.

Meh who knows... the above are working at the moment :)

So any of you lot got similar?

;)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.