CWE 0.00% 4.2¢ carnegie wave energy limited

trident energy makes strides in wave energy te, page-3

1. 9,391 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 874
    I am not sure how it can be integrated. I am unsure how it will be used economically with wind farms who need power when there is no wind or swell so they still have to have diesel backup to keep turbine motors moving so they don't get corrosion damage and all electric controls are always active.

I can see it being used with platforms that are fixed to the ocean and protrude as the electrics and linear motor can be above the water and you have the ability to remove motion in extreme conditions or maintenance by raising the float actuator out of the water of flooding it so it locks dead

In tidal energy a above water linear generator being powered by a oscillating vertical vane has a great advantage over other tidal systems as it has the ability to be used in variable conditions .

One thing I never initially understood about CWE was the large losses by piping fluid to shore when they could have on platform above water turbine house remote controlled at actuator site and just have a electricity cable to shore but the later amendments which would require larger accumulators and desalination requiring staff I guessed they had done the numbers to know the distance to shore that makes it economical to do so.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CWE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.