CVI 0.00% 0.3¢ cvi energy corporation limited

trigger ponts, page-20

1. 15,276 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 45
    Snacks...

It is not the size of the order that matters...it is the relative size given the parameters of the stock you are trading.

I am just trying to put your advice in perspective...please understand this.

You picked up 40,024 shares today out of your order for 100k shares.

Range trading with these sorts of numbers is an excellent strategy...and at $1k per pip, will reap decent returns in anyones language...but as metioned above, it only works when your order is small enough in relative terms that it can slip through the stock in qyestion without undue influence. Too big an order and you not only do you run the risk of not actually getting in and out at the respective trigger lines, but you will also likely influence the market in the process to the extent your very pressence prevents your orders actually trading as desired.

Now this is a serious question...

After say a few years of swing trading like this, as you suggest is the case on your part..."You get a strong gut feel about things when you play the market for a long time"...I would be interested to learn how you might approach a stock like CVI with a pot of say $1m to throw at it?

Would you stick all of it in a single order at one of your "trigger points" say 6,666,666 shares at 15c, split it into say 10 lots of 666,666 shares, again feeding them into your trigger points, I guess in hope the market just keeps selling tinto them...or perhaps would you consider simply buying the stock at lower levels much earlier in the piece, and spend your time trading other stocks with greater volumes and higher volatility, where your order size has less impact in relative terms...a above all else, a more secured chance of successful outcome?

Cheers!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.