S32 3.89% $2.94 south32 limited

Trilogy - Bornite, page-22

1. 394 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 602
    Thanks for the kind words. I really enjoy reading in detail about the companies and sectors I invest in, then try to piece everything together to understand what is going on. Part of my trouble is I forget where I've read something, or remember a detail incorrectly!

Regarding the mining services industry, I was curious if anyone knew which contractors we use to do the feasability studies, planning and project management of new mines. It is not important at all. I recently bought a small holding in an ASX company in this industry and was wondering if they'd have any chance of tendering for a new mine construction project.

The Australian exploration I had in mind was from the August Full Year Financial Results presentation:

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4866/4866772-529a48f7095b818381ed0f9eb1e3ad9a.jpg

I was thinking of the Encounter Resources project(s) and had spent some time looking at their website. I was wondering what type of agreements we have with these companies (and AusQuest too)? If they find a significant deposit, does South32 have first right to buy it? Or an off-take agreement of some sort? I'm struggling to understand how these partnerships with small, independent exploration companies work. Great timing -- I just re-freshed Hot Copper on another tab and TillLindemann has linked to an excellent article answering my question. The author (Barry) really knows his stuff about the mining industry and writes great articles. I spend a lot of time on LiveWire (and ****** -- both are invaluable resources).

The graph I was think of is from the 17th January 2022 Hermosa Project Update Presentation:

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4866/4866841-8b5e5c96df2588bbe159aed1dc94d99b.jpg

These past couple of weeks, with the previously-mentioned pure copper play stocks rising strongly, I admit to having some FOMO. I really expected a slump in prices (chance to buy) followed by a resurgence next year with possible interest rate cuts. Trying to be too clever for my own good with money sitting on the sidelines

I suspect the talented people at S32 know the market and future demand much better than an anonymous guy on Hot Copper who enjoys reading materials sector articles! I've been like the guy peering over his neighbour's fence and enviously eyeing-off the neighbour's new Tesla (CHN, SFR and OZL), while having a dusty, old, familiar car in my driveway. Having momentarily forgotten that the old car in my driveway (S32) is a '68 Monaro (I wish!) and quietly, consistently, appreciating in value each year! So, yeah, I have been really focused on copper in recent times and looking for more information on where we are likely to increase our exposure. Whether it is through discover and exploitation ourselves, through partnerships, or an acquisition.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add S32 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.94
Change
0.110(3.89%)
Mkt cap ! $13.31B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.85 $2.94 $2.84 $67.91M 23.45M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 859 $2.93

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.94 10000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
S32 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.