RRS 0.00% 0.1¢ range resources limited

The 24p days were also at a time when it was believed the helium...

1. 478 Posts.
    The 24p days were also at a time when it was believed the helium survey in Georgia had derisked two out of the three main initial targets, giving a CoS of 70% or so. A 70% risked value of the two targets did justify 24p at the time. We now know this isn't the case and that the area isn't derisked at all- so the 'rise' that was attributable to the 70% CoS figure has been wholly removed. Range managed to get some decent cash out of the spike though- obviously they bought Trinidad by using a placing at a higher share price than we're currently at now, and they did drawdowns and the Socius placing on the way up and down too.

So Range were on 8p last year before the big spike upwards, managed to do a bit of good business by profiteering on the increased share price, but the foundations of the initial rise have been destroyed. So something around this level (currently 12p at the time of writing) seems to make sense- it certainly doesn't suggest manipulation to me. If they'd developed Trinidad as quickly as they said they would, the share price would be higher. But they didn't, and so they're still sat at this level. The drop to 6.5p- I've got to say I didn't see that one coming, but there's plenty of overreactions by the market when dealing with loads of different companies, it doesn't mean games are being played.

Range are better off on paper than this time last year, but a lot of the 'belief' in them realising their potential has gone due to poor delivery and poor results last year. Last years share price had a lot of 'potential' factored in, nowadays the market is only prepared to reward solid results. Plenty of companies have suffered the same fate with a BoD that don't deliver what they promise though, it doesn't mean there's manipulation involved- look at Leni Gas and Oil for a recent example of that- waaaaay undervalued in terms of assets relative to market cap, but because their BoD never delivers, they are priced low.

I'm going to make this my last post concerning 'manipulation', at least until a time when I've bought back in, because you'll get people saying I'm 'deramping' by suggesting the share price is not manipulated- despite the fact I never believed it when I held, I don't believe it now, and I won't believe it if and when I buy back in either.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RRS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.