RRS 0.00% 0.1¢ range resources limited

So there's 3 rigs currently drilling things, with another set to...

1. 478 Posts.
    So there's 3 rigs currently drilling things, with another set to start this month, and then 2 more by 'mid year', whatever that means in PL-time.

I see the target of 1400-1800bopd has been scaled down to 1000bopd. Probably inevitably given the slowness in rig drilling, but annoying for investors nevertheless.

There's progress, but it just feels at the rate of a snails pace sometimes. Once all 6 rigs are in operation things should move quicker, but the thing is 'mid year' could easily mean November in PL-time, and 'Q3 2012' for a Herrera could easily become Q1 2013. Don't believe me? The Georgia well was scheduled for Q4 2010 and didn't drill until Q2 2011.

It's a dodgy one. Nice to see some progress (though please, let's end the 'blame PetroTrin' excuse for delays, as there clearly hasn't been loads of action on the ground) but a high cash burn period of company evolution is coming up. Second Georgia well of which we're paying most of the costs for (Strait were carried for 2 drills IIRC). Seismic in Puntland offshore and Columbia will cost a lot of money. Range are carried for the second Puntland well to some degree because of the revised agreement with AOI, but by the end of the year a decision will have to be made regarding Puntland, which will obviously mean asking questions about funding.

1000bopd according to Landau generates $12m in cashflow to Range over a year. That's nice, but it's a drop in the ocean compared to funding requirements. Another Georgia well will cost $8m, Puntland will be another $3m or so. General cashburn for working capital will be another $7m. That's $18m and we've not even considered future Puntland funding past the second well, or the start of Columbia or offshore Puntland seismic (although I'm pretty sure we'll get farm-in partners for both to cover some costs).

Then of course there's the continual costs of Trinidad- paying all these employees can't come cheap. And we still need to know what the terms of Range's farm-in is for Columbia.

Until Range gets up to around 2000bopd in Trinidad, they'll still be funding concerns IMO. Hopefully they'll manage it sooner rather than later.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RRS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.