SAV 0.00% 0.3¢ savcor group limited

I will be as honest as I can from an inside perspective. I...

1. 479 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    I will be as honest as I can from an inside perspective. I haven't posted on here for ages, as I basically stopped trading full stop. In response to queries:

1. The strategic review was to offload the liability of the FACE business and stop it impinging on ART. The 2 divisions are totally separate in operation and market. FACE will be divested to CenCorp. With regards to overhead cutting, that comment was aimed fairly and squarely at the FACE enterprise.

2. Peers (including senior management) have purchased fairly sizeable parcels (possibly through option uptakes, I can't recall) on the basis of FACE being divested. Certainly I uptake every year as part of a salary sacrifice.

3. Chairman resigned due to age and geography.

4. Can't comment too closely on this one. Hannu's vision is certainly entrepreunarial but we (at the operational level) are at all times focused on revenue, market development, deployment of new technologies and providing good returns. He is very hands on, and there is no shortage of avenues for staff to get feedback and raise points with him.

I would still like to say that the company is as strong as ever, with some pretty firm prospects in the pipeline. One thing that hasn't gone public, but that has been released on our intranet is that the FuturTec system will be deployed on the Westgate bridge for trials with respect to structural health monitorinig. Given that this is one of the 'iconic' bridge structures in Australia, this will develop a decent exposure for the FuturTec technology and should see this business area brought more online after many years in development.

For those new to Savcor, it is worth noting that Savcor were responsible for the use of carbon fibre strengthening technology many years ago, that allowed for the expansion of the Westgate Bridge by adding additional lanes. The company has a list of 'iconic' structural and integrity related projects as long as your arm including past and ongoing works on the Opera House (we helicoptered a crane that was fixed to the roof apex!). The key issue with any company with strong innovative technologies is getting the wider market to understand and become involved. When Savcor started with (say) concrete reinforcement corrosion control, it was unheard of in Australia. It's now a huge market which has spawned any number of copycat companies founded (primarily) by ex-Savcor people. We always love going to fix up their mistakes :)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SAV (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.