CTO 0.00% 0.5¢ citigold corporation limited

trojan in the barn

1. 8,128 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 990
    G'day All.
    There is a lot of talk about CTO not wanting to draw down on the loan facilities that they have with the Dubai Group.
    Years ago I owned a lot of Southern Pacific Petroleum (SPP) shares and I was the truest of true believers in the technology that they had. When bad news was released I didn't worry as I knew that "peak oil" was coming and that the world would be desperate for oil, and so I would hang in there, because I knew that I would soon be RICH,RICH,RICH.
    SPP were into converting shale into oil but GreenPeace were dead against any technology that would increase the amount of oil in the world as they wanted solar and wind power to become more mainstream.
    Anyway SPP got into liquidity problems when GreenPeace blockaded a ship trying to deliver their oil to a Sydney refinery and so were forced to do a deal with a so called "white knight" who lent them money.
    Well, as it turned out they soon got into more trouble with liquidity and the "white knight" turned out to be riding a Trojan horse as they moved very quickly to wind SPP up and then got control of all the shale tenements that SPP owned in payment for the debt. Their theory I believe was that sooner or later the world would be compelled to use all avenues to gain oil supplies and so for a small investement, for them anyway, they would wait while sitting on potentially billions of barrels.
    Now I say good luck to them, as it was a good business move, and I would be laughing about it if it hadn't cost me $50,000.
    At the risk of being long winded I think you will find that the directors of CTO realize that if they activate the loan from the Dubai Group then they could well be in the same position as were SPP with their white knight.
    If they again do not deliver on their promises will they find the company being forced into liquidation and the Dubai Group possibly picking up the hole kit and kaboodle from the liquidators in payment for the debt?.
    This is why people who think that if things do not work out soon for CTO then the company will still be worth a lot and they will be able to sell everything up and the shareholders will get their money back. They are wrong, big time.
    So I pose the question. Is the Trojan horse already in CTO's barn?.

Kind regards

Lockitt

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $15M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.5¢ 0.5¢ 0.5¢ $1.545K 309K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
28 17561642 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.5¢ 8345620 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.07am 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.